Donate

Monday 11 September 2017

Read Between the Albums

In case you weren't aware of it or if you're somehow impervious to my relentless Twitter and Facebook promotion of it, I released a new EP last week.

It's called The Between Albums EP and is available to stream and download from all the usual places. It also means I'll have to record another album at some point so the title doesn't make a liar of me.

Yes, the artwork is shocking. I made it myself in about a minute.
So what does it offer?
Well, if you're not a fan of my work but listen to it purely out of an obligation as a friend or acquaintance (thanks to those of you who do this) then it will only take half the amount of time that The Tricky Number Two did.
And if you actually do like my work (thanks even more to you lot, even though I suspect some of you may be lying) you've got five new songs that will hopefully keep you amused until my new Christmas song comes out.
I always wanted to write a Bond theme, but I grew tired of sitting around and waiting to be asked. Will Surname, First Name Surname be used on a future 007 soundtrack? Probably not, because it says “fuck” in it at least three times. And it puts Mr Bond in quite a bad light.
Wrong shows my grammar pedant side, which in fairness is all of my sides. If I'd listed everything that people say or write that annoys me this song could have been at least 36 hours long, even played at 280bpm.
Filler is an instrumental and it's pretty brief. My instrumental stuff is never that popular, but I like it and it's my EP, so there.
Cliffhanger is an homage to my favourite film of all time, The Italian Job. If you've never seen the movie this song tells you the entire plot in 90 seconds. And I hope Quincy Jones doesn't mind the blatant plagiarism of one of his songs from the film for part of it. Actually I'll call it a nod, that's it. I give a nod to Quincy Jones by reimagining part of one of his songs from the film. That should hopefully stop any legal action against me.
Turtle's Head explores a theme familiar to regular Uke Hunts listeners, that of defecating. I thought it was a fitting way to round things off.
And I mentioned a Christmas single, so I'll have to do that now.

You can listen to The Between Albums EP at Google Play Music and Spotify.


Cheers.

Stay tuned, uke hunters.

You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment