Donate

Friday 27 September 2019

Instrumental Heath Disorder


So here’s the thing: I promised you a new album and there is a new album of sorts, but not the new album I promised.

What?
Yes, I know. Confusing, isn’t it?
You can be assured that the fifth full album is being written as we speak. Well, not exactly as we speak, because at that point I was writing this. Although while you’re reading this, I may well be writing it some more. Who knows?
Anyway, this new album that’s out now (not the promised new album that I was just talking about) is called Why You No Like My Instrumental Shit? It’s an album of instrumental songs. It includes all the instrumentals from every album and EP I’ve released up until now, plus two new instrumental tracks.
It’s meant to draw a line under Uke Hunts instrumental work. It’s never been as well received as the songs with words, but as someone who really isn’t a singer, I’ve always enjoyed making instrumental songs.
I do actually have two other instrumental projects for those of you who actually like my wordless songs. In fact, the final song on Why…? Is called A Taste of the New and is very similar in style to my TheUkuleleist output. The Ukuleleist is a side project I came up with over a year ago and there are currently 12 10-song albums available to stream – that’s 120 songs, maths fans. Most of them are short. Some are good and some are bad. They aren’t really meant to be listened to in any particular order and someone actually told me that sticking The Ukuleleist on shuffle makes great background music.
And if you want something different, there’s Makt & Styrke. This is something that has been mentioned on this blog before. Ironically, I put much more time and effort into Makt & Styrke songs than any other music I make, but fewer people listen to it. It’s sort of metally, punky, proggy, distorted uke music. Go and give it a try anyway. There are around 35 songs currently online and there will be more soon, I’m sure.
As for Uke Hunts, you can expect an aggressive pre-Christmas marketing campaign as I once again promote Christmas Wanker. The plan is to have t-shirts, Christmas cards and any other easily- and cheaply-made associated merchandise available for this. More details will follow.
More details will also follow about the new proper album. Currently I’m aiming to write at least 20 songs for it. It will be epic*.

*probably shit

If you missed the links in the article, you can listen to The Ukuleleist on Spotify here, Makt & Styrke on Spotify here and Uke HuntsWhy You No Like My Instrumental Shit? here.
It is all available on other music streaming platforms too. Apple Music, Google Play Music, Deezer, Tidal, you name it. Even Amazon has some of my music.


Cheers all.

No comments:

Post a Comment